Procurement Policy Best Practices: Benchmarking For Improvement
In many organizations Procurement staff are the conduit for business opportunities. While Procurement may not be directly involved in each transaction, they are responsible for ensuring that policies and practices are meeting the needs of stakeholders and best practices in the industry.
The process starts with procurement policies which meet current and future needs. This eSeminar will review procurement policy guidelines which contribute to best practices in the public sector. We will draw on leading publications and professionals to update the attendees on recent advancements in policy development. While the focus of the session is on public sector policies, all organizations can benefit from learning about how to increase transparency of process to ensure the very best contractors and suppliers are engaged. Attendees can benchmark their policies and practices to the information being shared.
- Identify critical criteria in policy development
- Explore metrics which matter
- Examine vendor performance evaluations and value for money
- Review social and economic development considerations
- Reinforce the need for effective contract management
- Look at strategies for overcoming weaknesses in policy management
- Describe common threads for effective governance
Jan 30, 2018
10:00 – 11:30 AM PST