On May 1 & 2, NECI’s instructor Lise Patry delivered 2 days of in-house Signature Seminars: “Advancing Procurement Strategies”, and “Successful Contracting: Planning, Managing and Evaluation” to a group of 13 staff from Enercon in Montreal.
Who? Enercon: An Industry Leader
Enercon operates in the highly competitive renewable energy resource industry and produces high efficiency windmills.
For more than 30 years Enercon has maintained their reputation as one of the world’s leading companies in the wind energy sector.
Many of their designs and innovations set the standard in this industry, so you can imagine how important it is to ensure procurement activities are carried out with the utmost tact, professionalism, and efficiency.
Why? To Uncover Contracting Opportunities & Increase Capacity
Some comments from attendees about why they chose the Advancing Procurement Strategies and Successful Contracting in-house Signature Seminars include:
“Procurement is vast and this training helps me for a better understanding of future contracts/opportunities”
“Procurement is core to our capacity to deliver/ We have taken on additional steps in this regard and want to improve our process”
What Was Learned? The Canadian Procurement Process & Effective Strategies
During their 2 days of Signature Seminars, some of the topics that were covered include:
- Planning the procurement process
- Issuing the solicitation document
- Awarding the contract
- Managing contract performance
- Evaluating the results of the contract
- Using advanced procurement strategies in the field
and much more!
Many found this information very useful. Some even commented they had wished there had been more time to explore topics further.
What Were the Best Parts? Interactions, Discussions, & Content
Many found the best parts to be:
- The interaction between team members and exchange of experiences
- The interaction between instructor and the discussions that resulted
- The structure and thoroughness of material presented
- The instigation of discussion on internal processes
- The group surveys and results from those surveys. This was especially important because it made everyone aware of how colleagues thought about the organization
All-in-all we had a great time with Enercon and are confident that true procurement value was delivered.
All claims found in this post about this course were sourced from actual comments made by participants.