PSPP 101: Public Sector Procurement Essentials
In this interactive online course, you’ll learn about the fundamental principles that govern public-sector procurement in Canada.
Some of the topics you’ll learn about include :
- The processes, law and specific nuances that can affect procurement activities
- The key legal differences between regular contract law and competitive contracting law
- Duties and obligations of purchasers and suppliers during a competitive process are also explored.
- Identify the fundamental sources of public sector procurement principles and objectives, including trade agreements, legislation and organizational policies
- Differentiate between regular contract law and competitive contract law
- Review available procurement methods and tools, including market assessment and prequalification options
- Be aware of the risks of negligence claims, and the importance of controlling who provides information to respondents
- Adopt best practices by capturing and incorporating lessons learned
- Define copyright, moral rights and other key legal principles that influence public-sector procurement
- Describe the steps necessary to obtain approvals to proceed with a procurement
- Recognize the key steps of the solicitation and award phase of procurement, including proper handling, safekeeping and opening of bids and proposals
- Describe the key steps in the managing and evaluation phase of procurement
As a graduate of PSPP 101, you’ll understand the key steps in effectively planning any public sector procurement, how to obtain approvals to proceed, and be aware of key areas of risk when conducting the solicitation process.
You’ll understand how to identify the important components of any solicitation document and resulting contract, and learn how to maintain and complete documentation in procurement files.
Courses in the Accredited PSPP Certificate Program
If you complete each course in the PSPP program, you will get your fully accredited PSPP (Public Sector Procurement Program) Certificate, which is recognized by many public sector organizations (see our clients).
Alternatively, you can choose to take each course individually, and upgrade your skill set at your convenience. Click the below images to learn more about each course.