PSPP 202: Solicitation and Award
This interactive course is delivered as a 2-day classroom workshop (please contact us to request more information on getting PSPP 202 delivered in-house) and in an online format over 4 weeks. Participants focus on how to conduct a challenge free and successful competitive solicitation process. Learners practice creating critical contract components such as Key Performance Indicators and other monitoring and measuring tools to ensure the organization receives what it expects.
This session explores the intricacies of meeting public-sector obligations of fairness and transparency in the context of a solicitation – particularly, how to conduct a fair evaluation and award process according to the express terms of the solicitation document. This course also emphasizes the critical documentation that must be retained at each step of the process and the importance of maintaining a good working relationship with contractors and suppliers.
PSPP 101 (highly recommended)
I appreciated my instructor’s ability to get across how relevant court cases should be impacting our roles as procurement professionals. After taking this second course in the series, I am now convinced that I want to complete all PSPP courses. 5 out of 5!
Purchasing Services Manager
- Practice how to design appropriate evaluation criteria and weighting
- Recognize conflict of interest and bias that may affect your evaluation team
- Discuss evaluation techniques for assessing mandatory and desirable requirements
- Review procurement strategies such as draft RFPs, web-based and multi-stage procurements
- Identify the risks involved in cancelling a process after closing and what steps to take if this becomes necessary
- Identify the importance of conducting a fair and open process and handling vendor complaints in a professional manner
- Demonstrate how to draft service levels for different contract scenarios
- Discuss and develop strategies to set up the final contract including payment terms and exit rights
Upon completion of this course, participants will have the necessary knowledge and tools to conduct the solicitation and award phase of the procurement and contract management cycle. They will be able to select an appropriate solicitation method based on requirements, draft Contract B terms, conduct an effective evaluation process, finalize contract award and handle vendor debriefings.
Courses in the Accredited PSPP Certificate Program
If you complete each course in the PSPP program, you will get your fully accredited PSPP (Public Sector Procurement Program) Certificate, which is recognized by many public sector organizations (see our clients).
Alternatively, you can choose to take each course individually, and upgrade your skill set at your convenience. Click the below images to learn more about each course.
Save 20%. Only $3897.
Register for the NEW PSPP Bundle (includes PSPP 101, PSPP 201, PSPP 202, PSPP 203 & PSPP 301), and receive a 20% discount (not to be combined with other offers) for an exceptional value of $992 off the regular 5 course price of $4889.
Progress through the program at your own pace, manage your training schedule with ease, and obtain only one approval for all 5 courses.
I’m impressed with the PSPP program. It has added value to my day to day work!
Senior Director, Strategic Joint Procurement, Nova Scotia Power
The direct relevance to my role in a municipal or local government. There is a lot of content and information which is applied immediately in my day to day work.