PSPP 203: Managing and Evaluation
PSPP 203 Managing and Evaluation (PSPP 203) is an interactive online course delivered over 4 weeks and includes a live expert procurement instructor (in-house delivery available via request).
PSPP 203 will give you the skills and knowledge to manage contracts effectively and handle any performance or other issues that arise.
You’ll learn how to invoke contract remedies with minimal disruption to the contract deliverables and outcomes, and handle potential contract extensions, modifications, and renewals so that they do not create policy, legal or other risks for your organization. You’ll also explore the key legal and practical considerations for moving towards termination and transition to a new contractor or service provider.
You’ll learn how to analyze, evaluate and document contract performance, and how to ensure that file documentation provides a clear snapshot of how the contract unfolded and how any disputes or issues were resolved.
This final step in the procurement and contract management cycle covers the importance of post-contract evaluation and internal team debriefing – capturing the lessons learned to incorporate them into the planning phase of your next contract or project. Course description.
PSPP 101 (highly recommended)
- Review the importance of managing vendor relationships and explore how to apply the win/win approach to your discussions
- Analyze strategies for designing a contract monitoring plan
- Demonstrate how to conduct ongoing risk assessment throughout the contract term
- Define contract governance and identify escalation provisions
- Recognize common performance issues and remedies/incentives that can be used to help address these issues
- Adopt ideas and best practices for continuous improvement through post-contract evaluation
- Define proper file retention and reporting requirements
Upon completion of PSPP 203 Managing and Evaluation, you’ll have the necessary knowledge and tools for managing and evaluating contracts – the final phase of the procurement and contract management cycle.
You’ll develop techniques to effectively manage ongoing contracts and handle any issues that may arise, while sustaining positive relationships with service providers and contractors.
Lessons learned through post-contract evaluation will help you to identify areas for improvement and changes needed to processes and documents before your next procurement.
Courses in the Accredited PSPP Certificate Program
If you complete each course in the PSPP program, you will get your fully accredited PSPP (Public Sector Procurement Program) Certificate, which is recognized by many public sector organizations (see our clients).
Alternatively, you can choose to take each course individually, and upgrade your skill set at your convenience. Click the below images to learn more about each course.